- The student will be able to think independently about a specific area of interest, and in collaboration with supervisor, develop an appropriate research question.
- The student will be able to generate a hypothesis and develop an appropriate methodology/study design for their Scholarly Project in collaboration with their supervisor .
- The student will be able to perform a focused medical literature review in their topic of interest and apply it to their ISP.
- The student will be able to analyze data and generate an appropriate discussion of their results in collaboration with their supervisor .
- The student will begin to develop skills in technical medical writing, oral presentation, and poster presentation.
- The student will learn the following principles in Research classes:
- how to perform a focused medical literature review using resources provided by the research librarian
- the importance of conducting ethical research and the protection of human subjects as it relates to interactions with the IRB(Institutional Review Board)
- The student will learn the following skills regarding the presentation and interpretation of research findings:
- how to prepare a poster for presentation of their research at Student Research Day using a poster template.
- how to prepare oral presentation in front of faculty and peers on Student Research Day
- how to critique and evaluate the work of other students by observing and participating with a faculty judge
- how to present their research physically or online on student research day.